The present privacy and protection policy of personal data (hereinafter "the Policy") concerns all matters relating to the collection, storage, processing, management, transfer, transmission and protection of all information received from our users through the web page www.boats4u.co. All of this according to the rules of the Statutory Law 1581 of 2012, Decree 1377 of 2013 of Colombian Law and other related standards.
Identification of the data controller and/or use of personal information.
The legal person who will respond and will be in charge of the data voluntarily provided by users or visitors through the website www.boats4u.co (hereinafter THE PORTAL) and databases in which these will rest will be TOURISM BARLOVENTO S.A.S. (hereinafter the company). A company identified with NIT 900782975-5 in the address Gastelbondo Street, Local 11b, Conjunto Santo Domingo, Cartagena, Bolívar and whose phone is (304) 459-4905 and email contact is firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information collected includes but is not limited to "Personal Data" only. "Personal Data" meaning all personal information provided voluntarily by users or visitors to the PORTAL when registering as users of the website, this includes data such as names, date of birth, identity, gender, physical address, email address, phone, city of residence, among others.
In order to provide a better service as a PORTAL, the information stored by it will also be including an IP (Internet Protocol). This will allow the PORTAL to diagnose problems with the server, as well as to develop a better site management strategy. An IP address is a number or set of numbers that is assigned to the user's computer when using the Internet. The IP address of users also is implemented in order to identify a particular session and to gather broad demographic information.
The site also automatically collects and stores certain information about the activity of users within the PORTAL. Such information may include the URL from which they come (whether or not on our website), which URL access they access afterwards (whether or not on our website), what browser are they using, as well as pages visited, searches performed, publications, purchases, sales, messages, etc. Our site does not store data corresponding to credit cards.
It is important to note that at any time users request our PORTAL, your account and information will lie on the database through the procedure intended for this purpose as detailed later in this paper.
User rights as holders of the information provided.
According to the provisions of Article 8 of Law 1581 of 2012, of the Colombia law. The users of the PORTAL as holders of the personal data supplied through it, shall be entitled to the following:
Purpose and treatment to the personal data that will be collected.
- To aknowledge, be able to update and rectify your personal data against data controllers or processors.
- To request proof of the authorization granted by the PORTAL.
- To be informed by the PORTAL, upon request, regarding the use that it has given to their personal data.
- To submit to the Superintendency of Industry and Commerce complaints for violations of the provisions of this Act and other regulations that modify, add or supplement this document.
- Revoking the authorization and/or requesting the deletion of data when does not follow the principles, rights and constitutional and legal guarantees requiered by law.
- Accessing free of charge the personal data that has been provided.
The purpose for the storage of both personal data and other information provided through our website seeks not only to enhance the experience of our users but also to get to know the tastes, opinions and preferences that they might have on the different stages offered by the portal. The compilation of the information described above will not only be limited to goods and services offered by the portal but it will also include those offered by our suppliers and/or business partners in the different stages provided by our website. Given the above conditions, the information collected may be used by the Company so that either the portal or any of its trading partners will provide the user with information about offers, products and services that we believe may be of their interest. Also the user allows and authorizes the PORTAL to convey this information of interest through different media and communication channels (including mail, SMS, etc.).
Bearing in mind the above, the personal data collected will have the following purposes:
Confidentiality of the Information collected
- To develop and implement internal studies of the interests, behaviors and demographics of users in order to better understand their needs and interests therefore providing a better service or related information og their interest.
- To optimize marketing and promotional initiatives for both the PORTAL and our community, in order to analyze the most visited pages by users, searches performed, as well as to improve the content being supplied, to customize such content, as well as the presentation and our services.
- To send information or messages about new products and services, to display advertising or sales, banners of interest to our users, news about the portal, and all other information which we deem appropriate or relevant. If users prefer, they can request to be excluded from the lists that send promotional or advertising information.
- Share personal data with service companies or "outsourcing" companies that help improve or facilitate operations through the PORTAL or community, such as (but not limited to) means of payment, insurance or intermediaries in managing payments, among others. These companies or websites generally have policies on confidentiality of information similar to ours. However, the portal will ensure that certain standards are met, by signing agreements or contracts whose sole purpose is to protect the privacy of the personal data of our users. However, the portal is not responsible for the misuse of the personal user data that these companies or websites might do. In some cases, these service providers will be the ones who collect information directly from the user (for example if we ask you to respond to surveys or studies). In such cases, you will be notified about the participation of a service provider in such activities, and at the discretion of the user all the information you want to provide to these additional uses and providers. In case you directly provide on your own initiative additional information to these service providers, such providers will use that information in accordance to their own privacy policies.
- Provide Personal Data of Users to entities involved in the resolution of disputes between them, such as insurance companies or courts to resolve such disputes. This also applies to requests submitted by the authorities through the appropriate procedures.
The services offered by the PORTAL are only available for adults who are in full capacity to contract its services. Given the above, minors must abstain not only from the use of the site, but also from providing personal information to databases or spaces offered by our site. If the guardian or legal guardian of a minor discovers that the website is being used by the minor, without the ability to hire its services, you can contact us through the information provided in this document in order to remove any personal data that is left of them in our databases.
- Mails with promotional purposes, such as newsletters or news regarding the various activities or offers made by the portal.
- Feedback and notifications regarding the various activities and interactions that the user can make through our portal.
- Password reminder and account recovery instructions.
It is important to note that while the PORTAL exercised all reasonable security measures to protect the personal data provided, both the company and the PORTAL are not responsible for the illegal wiretapping of such information and the misuse of it.
Transfer in special circumstances
Should it be a sale, a merger, a change of corporate control, a transfer of assets, or the reorganization or liquidation of the company and therefore the PORTAL, the users will have access to all personal data that are part of our databases so it can be transferred, sold, assigned or reassigned to whom they deem relevant.
Petitions, Complaints and Grievances
Requests and complaints will be handled by our customer service department and may be physically delivered to the address Gastelbondo Street, Local 11b, Conjunto Santo Domingo, Cartagena, Bolívar or via email from Monday-Friday at email@example.com from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Such requests shall be dealt with under the terms and conditions that apply in the next chapter (Procedure for exercising rights).
Procedure for exercising rights
THE PORTAL has the necessary mechanisms to receive, process and respond to the requests submitted by users effectively. Said method primarily seeks to ensure the rights of users so much for the portal and for society to respond to requests and requirements presented is of great importance. The above may be digitally submitted to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org They may be submitted at the following physical address Gastelbondo Street, Local 11b, Conjunto Santo Domingo, Cartagena, Bolívar, during the following hours: from Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
It is important to note that by submitting any request either to delete, update, modify or correct their personal data, users must prove their identity by appending a copy of an identity card upon request. The same applies to those who have processed the request on behalf of a user, which will have to provide a copy of the power or authority to perform such management and a copy of the user identity holder and who is representing them. The above conditions also apply to all petitions requesting a copy of the authorization granted to the portal to store personal data of the user or the application for revocation of the same.
The PORTAL is committed to provide a timely answer within 5 to 10 working days from the day following the filing of the request or application.